Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cote d'Azur


This past weekend (memorial day weekend) was a bank holiday in the UK and me and four of my friends were blessed to spend our long weekend in the south of France. Nice is a city on the Mediterranean, which is pretty close to Italy. The architecture looked more Italian or even Spanish than French. The water was the most beautiful crystal clear blue with a rocky shore much like the Cape in Massachusetts. It was absolutely beautiful, I did not want to leave! It was a huge relief getting to use the Euro as currency instead of the pounds, because that made everything much cheaper. The first night we got there, we ate at a cafe close to our hotel and I ordered a glass of wine which was 2.50 Euros and much to my surprise, it was about three glasses worth of wine--so cheap! The whole trip mainly consisted of catching up on our sleep because we have been going none stop since we got to London. Whenever we aren't site-seeing, we're doing homework, which doesn't leave much time for sleep. So every night we sat on the beach until sunset which is about 9:30 and went straight to bed and woke up the next morning at 10 and did it all over again. It was perfection! One of my favorite meals of the trip was a seafood risotto that had Mediterranean octopus, muscles, and tiny tiny shrimp. It was amazing!

OK, so the French people are definitely my least favorite people in the world. I have enough french background to where I can communicate with the vendors, waiters, etc. And one of the other girls I was with could as well. One day, we sat down at a cafe, and before we even opened our mouths the family right next next to us started talking about us--little did they know we could understand them. Also, they are constantly trying to take advantage of us "stupide Americains". Needless to say, I was ready to get back to London, which I now consider home and my comfort zone. Too bad I still have to go to Paris--haha I'm just kidding, I know I'll have fun, I'm just not looking forward to the dirty French. Anyways, long live the queen! Cheerios!

No comments:

Post a Comment