Sunday, May 16, 2010

This day has lasted forever...

I made it to London safe and sound! As of right now I have been awake for 27 hours, and I'm trying soooo hard not to fall asleep seeing as it is only 5 o'clock here. When we arrived in London we had to catch two trains to reach the city and we walked 5ish blocks to Regent's. Imagine 19 Americans walking down the cobblestone streets of West London pushing/pulling massive suitcases (mine weighed 57 pounds, with an overflow bag weighing about 30 pounds). When we finally arrived at the college, us girls had to carry our 80 pound-plus luggage up 3 flights of stairs. I've never been in so much pain in my life.

As soon as we put our luggage down we toured the campus and the surrounding area of our new summer home. Regent's College is surrounded by Regent's Park which is absolutely beautiful! There is a pond/lake that runs through the park with paddle boats and conoes to use. The park is right across from Buckingham Palace (I'm almost positive at least-I haven't quite ventured that far) and there are benches everywhere, which will be perfect for reading the six books I'm assigned to read for class. Right now I am sitting on my bed which overlooks a courtyard that opens up into the park, with the window open, listening to the rain. What a perfect British setting!

Just a five minute walk from Regent's there are at least 2 starbucks, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, KFC, Boots (our CVS), as well as many pubs and restraurants. We are so close to everything! Tomorrow classes start, but my classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I might get a head start on my reading, as well as catching up on sleep tomorrow.

Well, so long for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment