Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We partied by where Audrey Hepurn was!




Hello all! My first class was on Monday, and of course I was an hour late because of my newfound disability...date dyslexia, and I did not realize I had class on Mondays and Wednesdays. Ha shocker. Anyways, as I embarassingly walked into the classroom my wonderful professor, Lady Lawes, warmly greeted me. If you didn't catch the "Lady" prefix, yes her husband is a Lord and was Knighted by the Queen. How awesome!? We also have a professor from Oxford named Jessica (who I haven't met yet) and another professor named Julia who works for the British History Museum. These lovely ladies all have backgrounds concerning religion and art (the class is called Religion and Art Culture) and there are only about 4 of us in the class. Tomorrow, we get to go see a Hindu Temple during class. My class today is with our Auburn professor, Dr. Bertelot called "The Makings of English Comedy" or in his words "What makes the British folk laugh". It is definitely going to be an amusing class. Right now we are reading Canterbury Tales.




Yesterday afternoon, the group ventured to Westminister to see Big Ben and other "touristy" sites. Last night, a guy from Regent's college guided us to Covent Garden where the famous old Opera House is, you may know it from My Fair Lady, Audrey Hepurn passed out flowers on the steps of the old building. We browsed the markets for a while and ended up at a restaurant called Flume for pizza and pasta. Afterwards we headed up to the roof of the restaurant for drinks looking down on the square. It was a beautiful second night in London! Some of us girls went to a bar called Roadhouse for some live music and kareoke afterwards, which was of course fun as well.


The pictures are of Covent Garden and Big Ben. Talk to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment